Dr. Magdalena Bekk
My research interests focus on sustainable consumption, the diverse concept of fit between different entities, the personality of different entities and gamification in marketing and consumer behavior. In my research I bridge the fields of psychology, consumer behavior, and branding.
Magdalena Bekk is a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Cologne in the Department of Marketing and Brand Management. She received her doctoral degree in Marketing from the University of Cologne. During her doctoral studies she was holding a scholarship at the Cologne Graduate School (CGS) in Management, Economics and Social Sciences. She holds a Diploma (MSc equivalent) in psychology (major) and statistics (minor) from the Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich. She has also been studying abroad at the School of Management, at the University of St Andrews, Scotland.
For her dissertation on the effects of personality and fit on consumer behavior Magdalena Bekk was awarded with the "Nachwuchsförderpreis Verbraucherforschung" 2015 by the consumer advice center, the Ministry of Innovation, Science, and Research, and the Ministry of Climate Protection, Environment, Agriculture, Conservation, and Consumer Protection of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia.
She has been a visiting scholar at Massey University, Auckland, New Zealand.
Dr. Magedalena Bekk has lectureships at the University of Tübingen and the Private University Seeburg Castle, Salzburg (Austria).
- Contact person for students wishing to write a bachelor/master thesis
- Supervision of bachelor and master theses
- Lecture and exercise "Brand management: A sustainability marketing perspective"
- Exercise "Base module marketing"
- Seminar "Introduction to academic writing and systematic literature search"
- Business projects
Ad-hoc Reviewer for
- European Journal of Personality
- European Management Journal
- Tourism Management
- Association of Consumer Research Conference (North American Conference 2016)
- European Marketing Academy Conference (2016)