Dr. Jan-Michael Becker
My research interests focuses on data analytics, structural equation modeling (SEM) and measurement theory, data analytics as well as digital marketing, e-commerce and bridging marketing and IS problems.
Jan-Michael Becker is an assistant professors in the habilitation system (Akademischer Rat) at the University of Cologne in the Department of Marketing and Brand Management. He received his doctoral degree in Marketing from the University of Cologne and his diploma in Information Systems from the University of Hamburg, Germany. He has been a visiting scholar at Georgia State University, Atlanta, USA and at University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand. He has taught as a lecturer at the University of Tübingen, Germany.
His research has been published in several premier academic journals, including Information Systems Research, MIS Quarterly, Long Range Planning, Journal of Business Research, and Marketing Letters.
He is a co-developer of the SmartPLS software application for modeling structural equation models with Partial Least Squares path modeling. http://www.smartpls.com.
He teaches master and bachelor level courses on digital marketing, marketing management and price management.
- Contact person for the content management of the joint homepage of the Marketing Area
- Recruitment of student assistants
- Supervision of bachelor and master theses
- Bachelor seminars
- Master seminars and business projects
- Doctoral seminars
Ad-hoc reviewer for
- Information Systems Research
- MIS Quarterly
- Long Range Planning
- Journal of Business Research
- Business & Information Systems Engineering (BISE)
- International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS)
- The DATA BASE for Advances in Information Systems
- Computational Statistics and Data Analysis
- Business Research
- European Journal of Marketing
- European Management Journal
- AMS World Marketing Congress
- Asia Pacific Journal of Information Systems (APJIS)